Wednesday, July 18, 2007

The morning commute

We were riding in the car to daycare, and I was talking to you about what you were going to do that day. You said, "I don't know."

I asked you what you liked doing when you were at daycare, You said, "Going outside."

I said, What do you like to do when you are outside, You said, "Drive the cars."

I said, "Oh, the little cars on the patio?" You said, "Yes mommy. But you can't drive them. You are too big."

I said, "I like driving cars." You said, "You are too big for the cars. I am just right."

I said, "You will be big someday. I used to be little like you." You said, "I don't want to be big. I want to stay little."

I said, "Well, you are already getting bigger. And someday you may be bigger than me."

You said, "Nah, I don't want to be big. I am going to stay little."

I said, "We'll see."